Sunday, June 14, 2009

Yet Another Republican Racist Stirs the Pot



SC Republican "activist" and racist, Rusty DePass, in commenting on an escaped Gorilla, said, "I'm sure it's just one of Michelle's ancestors - probably harmless." He admitted that he meant Michelle Obama and "apologized," saying "I am as sorry as I can be if I offended anyone. The comment was clearly in jest." Not really an apology is it?

Mr. Depass, you probably did not offend anyone. You just showed how infinitely stupid you are. It appears that Republican and racist are basically one and the same these days. If one admits to being a Republican, it can be pretty much certain that racist can be added to the description. In the South and the few other parts of the country where people admit to being Republicans, open racisim seems to have become fashionable among Republican politicians.

This kind of talk is simply another sign of the rapidly declining GOP. It plays well in the South, but continues to make the GOP a strictly regional party, well on its way out of national prominence. If this kind of grandstanding continues as I am sure it will, the 2010 elections should be the death knell, nationally, for the once "Grand Old Party."

1 comment:

Jeannie Babb said...

Wow. I thought modern Repubs were trying not to appear racist. Guess I was wrong.