Wednesday, December 31, 2008

2008, Another Down, How Many More?

What a year! We complete 2008 today, and we won't soon forget it. My family and I had a great burger at the Comfort Cafe on the Square in Blairsville today, and my son and I will watch his team (Georgia Tech) play LSU tonight in the Chik-Fil-A Bowl in Atlanta. That will finish it for us, and good riddance!

As I grow older and watch the years pass quickly, I think more of my mortality and wonder how many more? Sometimes I see something such as the next Olympics scheduled for the future and wonder if I will see it. That is my pessimism, or at least that's what my wife calls it. I call it realism.

Let us hope this new year brings optimism to us all. Optimism for a better economy and a more positive leader in the White House. A leader, who will throw aside the veil of secrecy, intrigue, and downright illegality and un-American thinking that has hovered over the presidency for the last eight years.

I wish all of my readers a healthy and positive year. I especially want to remember Diane of "A Stellarlife," who has had a difficult health issue recently. I hope to see her back blogging again soon.

1 comment:

That Baptist Ain't Right said...

2009 is gonna be fine. If not in the next 365, maybe the next 730 days. But it will get better.

And we can only impart our unfinished dreams in the next generation to finish the work.

Happy New Year, my friend.