Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Throw Spector Back

With Arlen Spector's latest incredible statement that Norm Coleman should be seated, it is time that the Democratic Party threw him back. He is not worth the trouble of trying to clean. That dirty Republican streak down his back will not come out, so he is too tainted to keep. If he votes Republican, sounds Republican, and backs Republicans, then he must still be Republican.

Spector is not worthy of being called a Democrat. Although his numbers have gone up in Pennsylvania since he switched, there is no guarantee that he will not go back to the Republican side if he wins re-election. I would not be at all surprised to see him do such a dirty thing. Let him be an independent. Then he and Joe Liberman can commiserate and vote together. They certainly deserve each other.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

You sure are going to be miserable if you go to heaven and have to live with Republicans, aren't you?

Georgia Mountain Man said...

Good one! Most of my friends are Republicans, so I live with them every day, but most of them are not the extremist crowd.

Dirk said...

I think this was nothing more than a political stunt to gain votes. So much for party loyalty. He won't be any more loyal to the Democratic party than he is to the Republican party. I wouldn't be surprised if he doesn't try to trot back to the Republican party after the elections too.

When you think about it, though, all of them in Washington are bought & paid for, so things like this aren't really surprising.

Dirk
THE FIRST AMENDMENT, NOT POLITICALLY CORRECT II
http://tsalagiman2.blogspot.com/

Diane J Standiford said...

I am not sure how I feel about this switching business...never his fan...

Georgia Mountain Man said...

I agree Dirk. We saw it big time in Georgia when Perdue won. They couldn't wait to switch parties, so they could keep their seats. If it were to swing back the other way, I wonder what those who switched back then would do. If was amazing how a hospital here, a golf course there could make one switch parties.

That Baptist Ain't Right said...

He switched parties because the GOP base moved much further right than he could handle. I don't blame him for switching, since the GOP of thirty years ago is not the GOP or today. But moving to the DEMs means a whole different set of problems for him to deal with. Honestly, politics is such a Blood Sport that I don't know how anyone can honestly stay in it.

Georgia Mountain Man said...

I agree. I couldn't be a politician, especially in this electronic age. Everything they say is scrutinized and if they contradict themselves they are very easily caught. I was tough on Spector here, because I feel that he changed specifically to try to keep his seat. He doesn't appear to have changed his views much, although they are more to the left than most Republicans. I think he would have been more comfortable as an independent than a Democrat.