Thursday, March 12, 2009

Bush Shoe Thower Gets Three Years

I am surprised. The fella who threw his shoe at Bush only got three years. I expected him to get a much more harsh sentence, since he embarrassed Iraq. As funny as it was, there is still the serious side to consider. Basically, the man attempted to assault the President of the United States. Had it been in this country, the same would have happened to him. He would have been wrestled to the floor and arrested. I expect that he would have received a similar sentence. In fact, he might have received a longer sentence here.

All in all a pretty fair sentence I would say. The difference is the prison. I expect that he will suffer more in prison in Iraq than he would here, depending of course on which federal prison would have been selected. Some of our federal prisons here are pretty rough. I certainly would not want to be incarcerated in Atlanta, for example.

2 comments:

Lou said...

I guess you are right, he could have gotten a lot more time. Poor guy, Bush isn't even worth throwing a shoelace at, let alone a shoe.

Diane J Standiford said...

I wonder if he might not be considered a bit of a hero in the clink...I agree with Rainlillie, not a shoelace.